Thursday, December 24, 2009

Easy Chocolate Espresso Cake

This cake is embarrassingly easy to make.  I mean it.  If it wasn't so delicious, I wouldn't post it, because it makes me feel like such a cheater to make it.  The base is a box cake, and I hate that only because Sandra Lee makes me want to gnaw my own arm off just so I have something to throw at her.  It's not the business of semi-homemade, it's personal.  I can't stand that lady and her coordinated to the point of vomit inducing "Table Scapes."

The point is, although the idea of jazzing up a box cake makes me queasy, it really is good and worth the embarrassment.   So give it try, and don't tell anyone there's a box involved.

Easy Chocolate Espresso Cake
1 box Devil’s Food cake mix
1 box Cook and Serve chocolate pudding mix
4 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp instant espresso powder
Put all the ingredients in the bowl of your mixer and beat on medium-low speed until combined.  Pour batter into the cake pan of your choice and bake 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean...don’t over bake it! It’s wonderfully moist!


2 comments:

  1. "Two words: HIDEOUS TABLESCAPES. Her heart pumps 70% ice cold Russian vodka and 30% blood-thus rendering her SEMI-HUMAN." thought that description of Sandra was pretty accurate :) check out foodnetworkhumor.com for more..

    ReplyDelete