Thursday, December 17, 2009

Woodberry Kitchen

Thursday, January 7th I am going to dinner with my three favorite fellow foodies.  We're going to Woodberry Kitchen, the hot, local / seasonal, probably overpriced, but famously yummy restaurant in Baltimore city.  My husband agreed to watch the kids (que the happy dance) as our usual babysitters are two of the three I'm dining with (Hi Moms!)  I have been dying to try this place since the time my husband and I went on a Wednesday night, which happened to be graduation day for Johns Hopkins University, and every seat in the house was taken by people with sailboats and seersucker, and sweaters tied around their waspy shoulders. The menu is always drool inducing (Seriously. Check it out here), and changes with what's available locally.  This is a very hot concept in cooking right now, and I'm all for it, but not because it's ecologically responsible.  I'm a fan of seasonal and local cooking because stuff just tastes better when it doesn't have to travel far to get on my plate and in ma' belly!   I will definitely take pictures report back.

As you can see, I just recently became a member of foodbuzz.com and I'm pretty excited about it. Hopefully it will increase the traffic to this blog, so that someone who's not blood related to me will read it (love you guys!), and they have a program where you can sign up to test food and food gadgets for free!...Free, people.  Free is my 2nd favorite word (don't ask about the 1st.)  They will also pay for you to go out to dinner once a year with other members in your area, in exchange for a post about your experience.  I am all over that.

As far as the Challah, I am going to attack it this Saturday.  We are supposed to get a snow day, and there is nothing I love more than cooking on a snow day...except maybe something free.

3 comments:

  1. that place looks awesomely delicious! let me know if you'd like to add another to your party ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bren! You should totally come down!...seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wouldn't want to bust in on your foodie party but it'd be a blast with you girls :)if i can get off of work i'll try. i'll keep in touch with you. by the way- You Go for that challah! it looks pretty delicious. all you needed was a snow day!

    ReplyDelete