Friday, January 1, 2010

Roy's Hawaiian Fusion


When the rare opportunity to leave the house without anyone who calls me "Mommy" arises, we like to head somewhere we know will not disappoint.  As much as I love to try new restaurants, when it's been months since said event has occurred, I'm really not in the mood to play Russian roulette with my taste buds.  This is why we usually end up at Roy's.  They are one of the rare national chains that really are good.  The food is always consistently delicious and they change the menu to compliment the season.  I had the Lobster Dim Sum to start.  They were steamed dumplings filled with lobster and topped with white truffle foam.  The dumpling flavor was so delicate, and I always thought foams were just a trendy garnish, but it really gave it a shot of that earthy intense mushroom taste that I happen to love.  My husband had the spare ribs that are always finger lickin'.  For entree I had the prosciutto wrapped Ono with curried potato dumplings.  The fish was flaky and slightly sweet, with crispy prosciutto on the outside.  Little potato dumplings that reminded me of  large gnocchi were arranged around the plate.  They were flavored with curry, but it wasn't so much to overpower the fish.  Of course we finished the meal with the chocolate souffle with raspberry coulis....do I really need to elaborate?

If you haven't been to Roy's, please go there immediately.  You won't be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment